Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Preschool Storytime: Fish & Oceans

I helped to plan this storytime, but it turns out that I won't actually be presenting it (a coworker is).  That's okay...I'm sure everyone will have a good time reading about fish & oceans!  This storytime is for a preschool-aged summer daycare group that will be visiting the library.



Flannel board hides behind: fish


Book:  Somewhere in the Ocean by Jennifer Ward


Flannel board story based on the book Ugly Fish by Kara LaReau


Prop story based on the book The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark by Ken Geist


--I didn't choose a song; I left that up to the storyteller--

Book:  I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry


Story cards about "The 12 Days of Summer"



Prop story based on the book Mrs. Honey's Hat by Pam Adams


Handout: stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment